|PXL-500 Tiger Controller
The PXL-500 Tiger II Controller Platform
|Powerful, high-quality, sophisticated access control systems at prices
that are much less than others? How did Keri do it?
with the world class hardware:
A RISC-based multiprocessor
platform, resulting in the new PXL-500 Tiger II Controller, its companion
SB-593 Expansion Board, and high performance, low cost proximity readers.
The PXL-500 Tiger Controller has all of the functionality
needed to manage a single door, alarm output, and 2 reader ports. A second
door can be added when used with SB-593 Satellite Expansion Board.
The SB-593 Satellite Expansion Board economically provides
second door control plus extra general purpose inputs and outputs.
The new PXL-500 Tiger
II Controller platform has taken Keri's acclaimed proximity-based access control
system to the next level. Strong enough to manage a 256 door network at a single
site or 256 doors per site at multiple sites, yet tame enough to handle a single
door, the PXL-500 continues Keri's tradition of flexibility and expandability.
UL/CSA CERTIFICATION: The PXL-500 is UL certified under UL-508
Other Great Installation Features
- Inherited from the PXL-250
|Installer Features and Enhancements
- Double row header pins to ensure SB-593 is properly seated on PXL
- Additional LED indicator to confirm SB is properly seated
- RS-232 connector changed from DB-9 to quick disconnect terminal
- RS-485 continuity indicator LED
- RS-485 connector different size so as not to interconnect with power
- LCD Display moved up so as not to hang below the PC Board
- More protection for RS-485 circuitry
- Added relay protection for arc suppression
- On-board diagnostic tests built into the controller firmware
- Diagnostic LEDs on the controller board to assist with troubleshooting
communication and controller power issues
- Automatically senses communication method (direct connect to PC or via
- Auto-Configures RS-485 grounding for optimum performance - NO JUMPER
- Quick disconnect terminals
- Software auto-configures system components, no data entry required
- Push-button setting and visual LED display of address selection - NO DIP
Downloads (in a pop-up window):